Monday, January 10, 2011

One Week In

Well, I don't know if anyone reads this blog, but that's okay. I just feel like recording this, even if it's just for me.

I've been keeping this blog almost every day for a little over a week. And you know what? It had made a huge difference in my life. Not necessarily the blogging part, but the reading and studying part. I love the scriptures. President Hinckley's statement about the scriptures becoming the love of our lives as we read them every day is already coming true for me.

I guess I loved the scriptures before, but I had fallen out of practice of studying every day. Before I began this blog, I was reading a tiny something every day. I guess I knew it was important to read every day, and I really wanted to keep it up, but I wasn't getting a lot out of it. Every day I have studied and written my thoughts on this blog, I've had a meaningful, drawn out interaction with my Heavenly Father. I've felt closer to Him and I've felt a peace that I didn't have previously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...