Sunday, January 23, 2011

January 23, 2011

Ooooh, it's been a few days. I've tried to keep up with scripture reading this week, but blogging has been too much. But I'm back.

I really like scriptures that talk about plants and roots and seeds. I don't know why...I've just always liked the imagery. In Ezekiel 36:26, we read about our heart changing from a "stony" one to a "heart of flesh." It made me think of Alma 32, which talks about the seed we plant in our heart (the seed is the word of God), which we can either allow to take root, or we can "cast [it] out by unbelief." I just love the idea that all we need is a place to grow the seed--a soft and open heart. The soft and open heart, according to Ezekiel, is a gift in and of itself. So if we don't even have that part down, we can pray and ask for that. Cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...