Monday, January 10, 2011

January 10, 2011

I watched yesterday's CES Fireside by Elder Christofferson. My definition of "scripture" is pretty wide (basically, if it's a prophet or apostle of God who wrote it, it's scripture. Which is why I'm using this fireside for today's post.)

And here are some highlights--some of the things I took away from the talk.

Living well, day by day. It is the accumulation of days well lived that adds up to a full life. We live in the present, and while we are to plan for the future, we do not live in the future.

Manna--this is awesome. The children of Israel had to trust that the Lord would provide for their needs the next day, ON THE NEXT DAY. This day, the Lord would never be too far from their thoughts. I feel like the Lord has worked this way with me in my life, giving me what I need

Don't quit--just make it one more day. If you still feel awful the next day, you can think about quitting again. But don't make rash decisions to quit just because you're tired or things don't feel good one day.

Consistency. Making resolutions to incorporate new qualities into our character, and then committing each day to live them for that day.

"The Lord is pleased with every effort--even the tiny, daily ones in which we strive to be more like Him."

In prayer at night, think about needs--what I may lack, and what I need help to protect against. Account for how the day has gone, and think about how tomorrow can be a little better. Thank Heavenly Father. Watch for His hand helping me to endure some things, and to change others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...