Monday, January 24, 2011

January 24, 2011

A couple of thoughts from 3 Nephi 15 today.

In verse 18: "And now, because of stiffneckedness and unbelief they understood not my word; therefore I was commanded to say no more of the Father concerning this thing unto them."

As I read this, I thought about having an open heart, kind of like I blogged about yesterday. But then I thought, "Isn't it this way in all communication?" With God, but with other people, too. Being arrogant and skeptical actually inhibits our ability to understand. Have you ever had a conversation with someone where you just absolutely could not understand why they felt the way they did, even though you were listening? Well, I have. And it's hard not to be thinking about our own viewpoint, or what we're going to say next to the person, but it is impossible to understand what another person says unless we humble ourselves enough. And I guess it probably works the same when Heavenly Father tries to speak to us, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...