Monday, January 17, 2011

January 17, 2011

Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day! :)

I read 3 Nephi 13, plus some interesting scriptures in Ezekiel 36. Some of the stuff I thought about was too personal for a blog, but it began with two honest questions inspired by the reading in the 3 Nephi.

1. Honest appraisal: where is my heart? (In other words, what do I spend my time thinking about, dreaming about, working towards, etc.)

and 2. where do I want my heart to be? Are there any tugs that remind me of things I've been forgetting? (to think about, or care about, I guess)

Anyway, I think they're important questions to ask now and again. "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." (3 Nephi 13:21)

Also, in Ezekiel 36:26, we learn that the Lord can give us a new heart. Speculation on what that means? I've got some ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...