Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March 2, 2011

D&C 6:34 Therefore fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.

2 Nephi 31:20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

In Preach My Gospel, hope is "an abiding trust that the Lord will fulfill His promises to you. It is manifest in confidence, optimism, enthusiasm, and patient perseverance. It is believing and expecting that something will occur. When you have hope, you work through trials and difficulties with the confidence and assurance that all things will work together for your good. Hope helps you conquer discouragement. the scriptures often describe hope in Jesus Christ as the assurance that you will inherit eternal life the celestial kingdom."

I know I have reason to hope. I've been through something really hard lately--something that almost causes me to feel complete despair and hopelessness. But I have to trust in my Heavenly Father. In His time, He will answer my prayers and fulfill the promises I've been given. I have to believe that.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, he will answer and you will receive all the good things you desire. It's so hard to see the "big picture" sometimes but "do not doubt" your Mother knows it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...